View Full Version : The Official Costume Party Party Thread
12-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Post parties that are occurring and times.
14:00 Jamul Time <-Insert time here
Boboil Theme <- Insert theme here
Creator: Blackduck <-Insert starter here
After the party, edit the post with a FINISHED status and all the levels made (Optional)
Also, that boboil theme IS happening right now, so get joining :P
12-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Here is a completely unfinished blog I'm making dedicated to this sort of thing.
12-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Blog blog blog. Everything gets a blog these days, even Boboil :p
I don't have any problem with a thread, but I don't think we really need a "format" for the posts, we can all read right? :p
12-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Costume Party Birthday Party!
To participate in celebrating my birthday, just make a CP level with these criteria:
- Your entire level fits in a 10x10 space on the screen (It can be 12x12 if you count the walls that surround it - but if you do that, they can't be anything but ordinary steel blocks! Anything you interact with has to fit INSIDE the 10x10 space. You get 10x10 of actual gameplay). Your 10x10 has to be enclosed, no letting the player jump outside of the 10x10 area. You can't have anything outside of the 10x10 area except for decorative blocks that the player doesn't interact with (you're welcome to leave it all blank too).
- Use any packs you want
- Make it easy, but awesome
- Don't include any jumps where you have to step off the platform before you jump! I hate that. This means places where you have a block directly above your head, so you can't actually jump up until you are out from under the block.
- No using Triggers at all. Just use a Switch instead. Same effect, but we can see it!
- Call it "Birthday Box XXX" where XXX is whatever you want, a number, a name, whatever to distinguish your level, any length that fits.
I will choose a winning level tomorrow and crown it the Birthday Boxiest, awarding a prize of 20 YB. I will just choose based on which one I like the best. I like stuff that's clever but not actually hard to play. So good luck! You have about 16 hours from this post!
12-11-2009, 08:48 AM
And the winner is SpaceManiac, with Birthday Box Jamul Lair! Fun.
Insanity Mention to Pete for Birthday Box The Gate, because I have NO CLUE how to beat it!
Edit: Figured it out thanks to Hammer Up!
12-11-2009, 04:45 PM
aww I totally missed this.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.