View Full Version : Graphics get messed up
08-11-2010, 01:15 AM
So, I downloaded the free version of Costume Party, not the creator's pass. In the login screen, everything looks fine. However, when I log in there's all these layers left in the background of screens I've been to before. This ends up making it hard to read everything on the screen. When I play a level, all the sprites just look totally incorrect. The character, which I think is supposed to be the little boy that was the icon, instead rendered as half a square.
When I log out, all the graphics look normal again. I don't know what issue this is, but I will need some help with it.
08-11-2010, 01:39 AM
This might be an opengl error. Here are the steps you need to take to fix your problem if this is the case.
1) Right click Costume Party.exe, and select "Create Shortcut"
2) Right click on the shortcut that was created, and select "Properties"
3) In the menu that appears, select the tab "Shortcut", if not already on it.
4) Find the box that's called "Target:" which contains "C:\Program Files\Costume Party\costumeparty.exe" (or something like that)
5) Replace the "Target:" with "C:\Program Files\Costume Party\costumeparty.exe" opengl (make sure you inclide the quotation marks too!)
6) Close the menu and run the game, and enjoy a delightful game of Costume Party!
08-11-2010, 06:33 AM
Or just click the "Costume Party (OpenGL)" icon in your Windows Start Menu!
08-31-2010, 01:14 PM
Thanks! Now the looks are a lot cleaner!
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.