Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 2, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Loonyland

Old 01-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Send a message via ICQ to Blackduck Send a message via AIM to Blackduck Send a message via MSN to Blackduck
Yerfdog Hank's Toolbox

I present to you: Hank's Toolbox! (v2.0)

Steps to use application:
1) Go to the download link and get the HanksToolbox.rar
2) Extract everything the .rar contains inside your Loonyland 2 folder
3) Run Toolbox.jar (make sure you're running it using Java Platform SE Binary by default)
4) Edit your LL2 to your heart's content

Preview picture:

This is your one stop destination for modding your Loonyland 2. You can currently change the color of monsters & JSPs along with the ability to modify monster stats and name.

Please extract EVERYTHING in the rar to your Loonyland2 folder and then read the README. I am not responsible for anything you do to your files with this program, especially if you don't read it. The program will automatically make a backup of everything you edit, so you should be relatively safe. Since I know you won't read the README, since nobody does, here's a copy of it in case anybody actually decides to read this wall of text instead:

Thank you for downloading Hank's Toolbox v2.0!

Please make sure you extracted everything in your Loonyland 2 folder.

When you modify the exe, it will first create loonyland_bak.exe which is an exact copy of your LL2 before you started using Hank's Toolbox in case something goes wrong.
It will also create loonyland_old.exe which is the copy of your loonyland.exe before the last change you made (think of it as an undo).

When you modify a JSP, it will create a copy of the jsp inside graphics/ ending in _old (think of it as an undo).

when you print a png or want to view the gif, they will be found inside the /Tools folder.

Here are some specifications as to what some of the modifications do:

Exe Modification: Changes one color to another in-game without changing the JSP. This is useful for different monsters that use the same image. You can also change the name of monsters as they appear in-game.
JSP Modifications: You can change any given color to another one. You can also adjust brightness or offset colors (ex: grey becomes green, green becomes brown, etc), along with the possibility to give random colors and print the JSP as a series of PNG images.
Monster Properties: Here you can change a monster's level, health, armor, damage, speed and item value (which is how good the items he drops are).

If you have any question/want to suggest something/found a bug, feel free to PM Blackduck/Post about it/e-mail SebastienGllmt@gmail.com or message me on Hamumu

Also, special thanks to SpaceManiac that told me the base info on the JSP files so I more-or-less didn't need to decode how they worked!

Lastly, this should work on both CE and non-CE versions of the game, although it will not work on the demo. That being said, it does however require your game to be patched to the latest version.

Last edited by Blackduck; 06-28-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Version 2.0
Blackduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Default Re: Hank's Toolbox

WOW! If this works i will give you all my yerfbucks!

Edit: On my computer it comes up with: Windows can not open this file. To open this file, windows needs to know what program to run it with. I can screenie it if you want. Oh, and I have a vista. If you can tell me what to do, i will be happy.

Last edited by Gigacat; 01-04-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Send a message via ICQ to Blackduck Send a message via AIM to Blackduck Send a message via MSN to Blackduck

That's because you don't have Java! You can download it here: http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp then it should work.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:12 AM   #4
Megadog
The Demagogue

VOTE: BLACKDUCK as supreme leader of Hamumu after Jamul.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:53 AM   #5
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Hmm, its is sadly still not working. I have installed Java. Then i click on the program. the same message comes up so i browse and select Java. (there were several java exes so i picked the one called "Java". the others were all called stuff with wierd names.) Then it installs java (wich i have alraedy done) and after that comes up with a file with some info. HELP!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

I sort of doubt that Jamul would open source the Lunatic engine to a singal person, mainly because that's impossilbe. It's only open if everyone can get it. Examples:

Deadly Rooms of Death is open source, as the code is publically avalible for Free (as in Free Speech)
Uplink, however is not open source, as you must buy the source code and it's distribution is controlled.

Definitions!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #7
bowserfan

Post Re: Hank's Toolbox

Nice. Though if it's possible, and dosen't take much work to do, I would like to see an LL1-compatible version of it.

EDIT: Also, a frame swapper/copier feature would be good, too.

Last edited by bowserfan; 01-04-2011 at 01:06 PM.
bowserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #8
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Nice! Will check this out once I get on my normal computer. I've got a little tool of my own to release soon...
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:03 AM   #9
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Yerfdog Re: Hank's Toolbox

Well, no "My Loonyland 2, what have I done D:" yet, which is a good sign because it means I probably didn't forget to any rare-case things. So with that out of the way, here are a few things some of you have been waiting for.

LL2 v1.0M version 0.9: [Outdated, see first post for newest version]

LL1 v2.0 version 0.9: http://www.mediafire.com/?khcsjk78rs7r8sp (A LL1 version of the program! Unfortunately it doesn't let you edit monster properties since monsters are made slightly differently so I'd have to figure out what's not in it anymore and I don't really do LL1 stuff. If somebody else figures it out, feel free to tell me and I'll change the program).

And one last, not as relevant thing but still super awesome, here's my LL2 poster!
Cliffy will (hopefully) be getting one like this in 2-3 weeks after I ship it!

Last edited by Blackduck; 02-26-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
generic_user
Epic WIN

Whoa, that poster is awesome! Is that, like, every map in the game and every monster in the game? Intense...
Old 02-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #11
alfie M.T
Despicable Snowman

When I Try To Open This Program It Says You Must Have Loonyland 2 1.0M To Run This But I Have 1.0M
Old 02-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #12
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Yerfdog Re: Hank's Toolbox

Bah, I have no clue what was wrong with that old version, but I've worked on it since and now there's only one version for either the Collector's Edition or the regular game. The download link is on the first post of this thread. Just get the new toolbox.jar out of it, and place it in your LL2 folder and it should work!

It may start slower than it did before since I changed some other stuff to it that I pseudo-disabled, so just double click and sit back as it loads up!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #13
alfie M.T
Despicable Snowman

Angry Re: Hank's Toolbox

Every Time I Choose A Different Monster Or Exit What I Have Changed Resets ...................Well Thanks For Getting It Running

Last edited by alfie M.T; 02-27-2012 at 09:21 AM.
alfie M.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #14
calthax
Karyian

when i go to download it it says invalid or deleted file
That was my brother again!

Last edited by calthax; 05-13-2012 at 02:42 PM.
calthax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #15
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Alright, version 1.1 is up and running, and now with a working link too! Please go back and read the first post (especially the readme that has changed a bit) and the download link is also there for you to find.

Changelog:
-Fixed a problem where resetting buttons in the JSP Panel were resetting the ones in the EXE Panel instead.
-Pictures are now displayed in /Tools/Pictures instead of /Tools to make it slightly more orderly.
-Previewing JSP modifications now tells you the feature isn't implemented yet instead of doing absolutely nothing
-You can now make multiple edits in a row without having to rename your LL2 every time.
-_Old versions of edited files are now produced to allow a pseudo-undo.
-_Bak version of the main LL2 is now created in case you break your modded version of the game.

If you have any suggestions for Hank's Toolbox as it is, feel free to suggest them! I'd love to have some new features to delve into.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #16
Scotty
The Lost Artist

I've downloaded Java from the link you posted, and I still cannot open it. When I choose to open Java, it always says "unable to launch application." What should I do?
Old 06-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #17
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

New (possibly final?) version of Hank's Toolbox and I have to say this version makes it a whole heck of a lot better!

Check out the first post of this thread for the download link along with some fancy new pictures (including new preview pictures) to show off the cool things you can do with Hank's Toolbox!

Changelog of version 2.0:

* Added the ability to change monster names
* Now added a few error messages such as a warning if colour palette is missing
* Stat modification text boxes no longer reset if you simply preview a colour change
* Moved around a lot of the UI to (hopefully) make it look better
* You can now preview JSP modifications
* Cleaned/Optimized up a lot of code
* You can now change the movement speed of monsters
* Added the ability to offset colours
* Added the ability to modify brightness
* Added the ability to randomize the colours used
Old 06-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #18
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

I'm still confused as to how I boot up the application.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:06 AM   #19
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

1) Go to the download link and get the toolbox.rar
2) Extract everything the .rar contains inside your Loonyland 2 folder
3) Run Toolbox.jar
4) Edit your LL2 to your heart's content

Which step are you having trouble with? It's hard to know what I need to help you with. I also added these instructions to the main post to make sure everybody is clear on this.

Last edited by Blackduck; 06-27-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #20
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

The .class files. What do they do?
Clicking on the various .jsp's and stuff does nothing. Is 7-zip the best program for this?