Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 31, 2014
Old 04-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #61
tylerseeg
Dumb Person

Default Re: Electoral Reform Mafia!

I will unvote megadog since i wouldnt want to accidently lynch a jester, but ill deffinetly keep my eye on him
Old 04-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #62
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian Send a message via Skype™ to Julian

I'll VOTE: MEGADOG as my number one, and I'll VOTE: TEXASJOSHUA as my number 2. And sadly I was away for the beginning of the game so I really have no idea what's going on so I'm just following the crowd right now. I'll develop my own opinions as the game progresses.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #63
Megadog
Still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperme View Post
He doesn't seem to be making any attempt to help the town dispite his 'oh man lynch me for justice'. No analysis, on votes, not even a silly little 'finger of suspicion'.
I am analyzing peoples actions, and I do have my suspicions, they are just farfetched as all. For instance, one of the reasons tyler voted me was because a "Freudian slip", which, as far as I'm aware, is accidentally saying something untrue (correct me if I'm wrong, of course). If I said something incorrectly, that would mean that he knows what the actual statement would have been. TJ isn't all that suspicious, due to the fact that he did vote me yesterday, and is just reconfirming his vote.

Unfortunately, looking through the rest of the posts, I see very little else that aids us finding the mafia, a yeah, I suppose dying wouldn't be in favor of the town either way, but I'm against no lynches and we have few leads, so...

So, until you guys play along and lynch me, I'll try becoming a diver of pages for evidence. Starting with this post. Vote me or wish me luck.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #64
tylerseeg
Dumb Person

Well when I played mafia on another website, the term ferudian slip was sometimes used when somebody made a comment that others feel may have inadvertantly given themselves as a mafia member. sorry for the misunderstanding
Old 04-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #65
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian Send a message via Skype™ to Julian

A Freudian slip is saying something indicative of a desire you have that you don't want to admit. Sadly any examples I could think of wouldn't be appropriate for here, but this is possibly something similar.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #66
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Location: In a survelince van outside your house watching you play mafia.
Send a message via Skype™ to texasjoshua

Okay, ya'll were right about tylerseeg. Need to make sure to look at whos posting what instead of just content. So, I'll go ahead and back of there....

I just don't know what to do about Megadog though.... It just bothers me. I dont see anything else to do though, other people just need to get to talking. (Whats the bet I'm deaded tonight? Few people suspect me and I'm talking.... either that or hopefully this post will keep me alive).

1. Megadog.....
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #67
Wackodude
Mustachioed Ninja Duck

Awww *insanely confused face* okay hang on a minute.

What is this fabled "jester?"
Old 04-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #68
Megadog
Still here.

The goal of a jester is to get lynched.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #69
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog
Oh, and to CL, no, I'm not a Jester. I'm much better at getting myself killed than this. Remember Memafia?

QUICK EDIT: I suppose, though, that a Jester WOULD say that. How does one prove he is not a jester...
If there is a vigilante, I suppose they could kill me. Would also SHOW that there is a vigilante...
Quote:
Yes, I did mean I'm not mafia. Thanks.

You're still thinking I'm a jester? Trust me, I'm not. I'd be dead right now if I were. And, just thinking on the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm not a survivor either. Just a generic townie, like I said.

I point out all this while I am making observations as well. If no one else will dig for clues I'll dig my own grave for them.
Wait, what? Just to prove you aren't a jester you wanted to waste a vigilante kill? And also, the only way I can see your death helping the town in any way is if you have some sort of power role that benefits from death... but, of course, you've repeatedly claimed as a vanilla townie. Any suspicious or thoughts, however minor, are useful when nobody's talking... there's no point in waiting for your death to say them.

Quote:
Unfortunately, looking through the rest of the posts, I see very little else that aids us finding the mafia, a yeah, I suppose dying wouldn't be in favor of the town either way, but I'm against no lynches and we have few leads, so...
So you'd rather waste a town lynch and leave two dead townies instead of no lynching and leaving one dead townie... Got it. Again, there's no reason to hold back any suspicions until after your death.

Since he apparently wants to be lynched so badly, Vote: Megadog. Even if he's a Jester, we have no other leads at the moment and lynching a Jester beats lynching a townie or no lynching.

sonicchaos1993 - AGLA Co-Commissioner and Official Streamer
40-16 in League Play - Captain/Hybrid for Endgame (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)

sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #70
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

Votes
Megadog - 3
texasjoshua - 1
Old 04-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #71
seamonkey
spoon eater

So my hard-drive broke. This means I very rarely have computer access, so I feel guilty not asking for a replacement.
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #72
tylerseeg
Dumb Person

The reason that I unvoted megadog was because i didnt want to inadvertantly lynch a jester because in the other site that ive played mafia on, when the jester is lynched it wins, and the game ends and everyone else town or mafia automatically loses and i assumed that the same rules applied here, but judging by sonic's post about lynching a jester being better than lynching a townie i am guessing that that is not the case here, and he is the only lead we have so for this and the reasons i stated when i voted him the first time, I vote megadog
Old 04-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #73
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

I'm gonna go ahead and Vote: Megadog. This is all probably a well played scam from a Jester, but if that is the case, we should lynch him now so he'll stop confusing the town, and allow us to focus on getting the mafia. And who knows, maybe Megadog is mafia attempting to stay alive by looking like a jester.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #74
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Location: In a survelince van outside your house watching you play mafia.
Send a message via Skype™ to texasjoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewskeepski View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and Vote: Megadog. This is all probably a well played scam from a Jester, but if that is the case, we should lynch him now so he'll stop confusing the town, and allow us to focus on getting the mafia. And who knows, maybe Megadog is mafia attempting to stay alive by looking like a jester.
Maybe not, could be telling the truth, but no matter which way we turn it has gotten people talking and will remove confusion. As well as, as you said, a possible mafia.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #75
Megadog
Still here.

Besides, those who are really all that skeptical about the vote are probably mafia. And again, I'm not a jester. Deal with it.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #76
Wackodude
Mustachioed Ninja Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerseeg View Post
The reason that I unvoted megadog was because i didnt want to inadvertantly lynch a jester because in the other site that ive played mafia on, when the jester is lynched it wins, and the game ends and everyone else town or mafia automatically loses and i assumed that the same rules applied here, but judging by sonic's post about lynching a jester being better than lynching a townie i am guessing that that is not the case here, and he is the only lead we have so for this and the reasons i stated when i voted him the first time, I vote megadog
Five things:

1. What is a vigilante?

2. If a Townie pretends to be a Jester, they're gonna get lynched. Illogical.

3. If a Mafia pretends to be a Jester and gets lynched, that helps the town, but that wouldn't help the mafia. Illogical.

4. My brain is exploding.

5. To hopefully end the confusion, I'm going to Vote Megadog.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #77
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackodude View Post
Five things:

1. What is a vigilante?
A town role that can make kills every night.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #78
Wackodude
Mustachioed Ninja Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewskeepski View Post
A town role that can make kills every night.
So, like a mafia but townie? Is it anything like a detective (the guy who tries to find mafia during night but if he fails no one's affected)?
Old 04-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #79
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackodude View Post
So, like a mafia but townie? Is it anything like a detective (the guy who tries to find mafia during night but if he fails no one's affected)?
The detective (aka Cop) investigates people to find out what their alignment is (mafia, town, or third-party), but other than that, he has no other powers. For future reference, you should check out this for all there is to know about mafia
Old 04-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #80
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

Votes:
Megadog - 5
texasjoshua - 1
tylerseeg - 1

texasjoshua: tyleerseeg,Megadog
tylerseeg: Megadog
Gigacat: texasJoshua
Julian: Megadog, texasjoshua
Sonicchaos: Megadog
Pewpewski: Megadog
wackodude: Megadog

Last edited by Mr.Onion; 04-20-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Mr.Onion is offline   Reply With Quote