Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 17, 2017
Old 10-01-2017, 08:08 PM   #1
calthax
Karyian

Question Anyone on Windows 8/10?

Remember those so-called "color problems" that were on Vista/7? Yeah, for some reason...

Windows 8/10 doesn't have those problems. Instead, there are these framerate problems, and sometimes, if you try to minimize the game, the screen will appear messed up once you unminimize it.

Sometimes, speaking of those error problems, depending on the fatality of the crashes and corrupted save files or whatever the heck is going on, you'll end up bricking the game and having to reinstall it. Ouch... There's even a tenacity where if the game tries to load a video, it "for some reason" will crash the game.

Oh, and by the way, the "brick" problem doesn't always affect all of these games. Oh, and speaking of Amazin' SPISPOPD... Won't you believe, that the version/demo you can download, was a MORE recent version of that game. Yeah, some Youtuber had a old version or whatever. I can post the link via Wombatt: https://wombat.platymuus.com/ytembed/?code=UCOUHbFHFUw

Last edited by calthax; 10-01-2017 at 08:20 PM.
calthax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:06 AM   #2
wedxzas
Dumb Person

Default Re: Anyone on Windows 8/10?

I haven't had any issues with frame rate, crashing or save corruption on Windows 10, I just get the messed up colors from alt-tabbing out of full screen and back in. Although there's also some lag right before I open up Loonyland it stops when it's open.

&&&
wedxzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:08 AM   #3
Androgeos Exeunt
Ancient Doormat

Send a message via MSN to Androgeos Exeunt

My OS is Windows 10, but I always run the game on windowed mode and have no major issues to speak of. The absolute worst thing I've experienced was the game not responding to any ESC key inputs, but that only happened once, and after I closed and reopened the game, I was able to continue playing as per normal.
"The Burninator is an enigmatic weapon. Apparently forged in the medieval ages by a wizard who loved fireballs, the Burninator is regarded in legend as the ultimate fusion between arcane combustion and napalm technology."

Last edited by Androgeos Exeunt; 10-02-2017 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Re-wrote my reply a little for clarity.
Androgeos Exeunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:09 PM   #4
wedxzas
Dumb Person

OK, now I'm experiencing crashing. The game seems to freeze out of nowhere and start to not respond. It's happening in windowed mode but I've done windowed mode before with this same game and it was fine. I don't know if it's happening in full screen.

&&&
wedxzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:40 AM   #5
moltanem2000
Professional Party Person

Was playing LL2 the other day (windowed) on Windows 7 and it was crashing pretty often when I would alt-tab, didn't test if the issue was with losing focus in general or specifically doing so with alt-tab but idk maybe that info will be helpful/useful.