Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 2, 2017
Old 06-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
Scotty
The Lost Artist

Default Hex editing help

I just got a hex editor and want to try editing Loonyland 2CE, but I don't know how, and I don't want to mess anything up.
What are some tips for it? Such as changing max level, or max skill, etc.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Send a message via ICQ to Blackduck Send a message via AIM to Blackduck Send a message via MSN to Blackduck
Yerfdog Re: Hex editing help

http://codepad.org/leBgAAev

This is all I've got on profile editing.

I've PM'd you the file I have for the .exe in general since I don't want people to be able to come here and recreate parts of the exe without purchasing the entire game.

Also sorry if you have trouble reading it, I tried documenting it as best as I could without putting comments everywhere. Two lines of "-" indicate that there are bytes in between those two values that exist, and I just don't know what they do. You'll also notice there are a lot of "???" for things (especially in the main .exe), so you can have fun trying to figure those out of continuing to find other random things I haven't even gotten around to starting to document.

I find that the best way to figure out stuff profile wise is to have two identical profiles and change 1 byte, then comparing the difference between the two, or inversely changing one thing inside the game then comparing both files. As for the EXE, just look for stuff that you look like you might know what it's generally for (after the gibberish) and start experimenting.

If you want to have fun, I never got around to entirely decoding how arena matches are setup, but I remember a lot of shenanigans being possible.

Lastly, a lot of these things are features I intend to add to Hank's Toolbox one day, whenever I get around to working on it some more.

Last edited by Blackduck; 06-04-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Blackduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

Default Re: Hex editing help

Speaking of which, is there a way for me to get Rice Titans and Spaghetton into my LL2?
:3
Old 06-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Send a message via ICQ to Blackduck Send a message via AIM to Blackduck Send a message via MSN to Blackduck
Yerfdog Re: Hex editing help

Those were made using Hank's Toolbox by changing the light blue in Titans to brown and then adding an offset to the color (although adding an offset isn't an option in Hank's Toolbox, so I manually added that in the code until after I made the pictures) and then saved as pictures then later converted to a .jsp using SpaceManiac's JSPEdit. The custom stats I gave them were also given through Hank's Toolbox.

Unfortunately Hank's Toolbox is kind of borked right now on my side and I've worked on it a bit recently to try and get it compiling correctly again, but if you have any suggestions for it feel free to post them in the Hank's Toolbox thread and I'll try getting around to adding them eventually!

I'd love to be able to get the Loonyland2 modding community to be large enough so it isn't just me that's interested with messing around w/ custom things