So much big Hallow news today. First of all, in a couple of days, we will be releasing the Editor Update. This is a major overhaul of how the editor works to improve it all around. New features and changes include:
- Copy/Paste tool (pictured)! Select regions and paste them elsewhere.
- Flood Fill tool (you can see the button in the picture)! The usual, you know how it works.
- All the menus have changed to cuddly icons (pictured too! What a handy picture).
- Sound effects, fun!
- Background music (change it by placing any costume to hear that costume's music).
- Sound and music toggle buttons so you don't have to hear that stuff I just said!
- Hold SHIFT to draw a line from your last click. Something I instinctively tried to do all the time, now actually works.
- CTRL-Z to undo! SO handy!
- Smoother/easier gamepad controls. I don't think anybody is doing any editing on their gamepad, but it's better now than it was.
- The Grab tool ("G" key) is now smarter - if you grab a spot that only has an Overlay tile, it will switch you to that layer, or vice versa. Much easier to use.
- A "Friends" tab, which just contains Kid, all the costumes, and Baby Penguin and Princess. Easier to find.
- A "Recent" tab, which contains the last 25 tiles you used. Just handy for not digging through the menus to find what you were using over and over.
- And lastly, the cursor now shows you the tool you're using, in case you forgot!
This update is just for the builders and it should make editing much more user friendly and fun! So what update do we have for the players??
The Winter Challenge! I think the picture pretty much explains it. On December 22nd, a whole bunch of new winter-themed levels are going to appear in Kid Hallow, all at once. You'll find them under the "Winter Challenge" button in the menu. Play them, do well, and you will win a Winter Medal!
The top 3 total scores on that set of levels will earn a Gold, Silver, or Bronze Winter Medal by their name, which will stay by their name until next year's
Winter Challenge! Rub it in their noses all year! You have until January 10th to crush the competition. Good luck and happy holidays.